Saturday, December 15, 2007

MEBB - 15Dec

Starting Strength "A" workout

- Back Squat 235 x 3 x 5 (Bar speed slow on last reps)
- Bench Press 3 x 5 (Bar speed good)
- Deadlift 1 x 5 (Bar speed OK)

On the squats I'm really focusing on keeping my knees tracking over my feet and pushing up with my tailbone. It definately feels cleaner than it has in the past even though I'm getting closer to my current 5RM.

The Bench feels good but I still need to focus on keeping my shoulder blades together on the lockout so I don't get loose on the last couple of reps.

I used a parallel grip for my workset and my grip was definately starting to fail towards the end. I'll be sure to bring chalk next time so that I can hopefully avoid using the alternating grip until I get higher in the weights.

No comments: