Tuesday, September 18, 2007

"Diane" - 17Sept (pm)

"Diane"
21-15-9 of:
- 225-lbs Deadlifts
- Handstand pushups (wall supported)

Ken and I shared a bar, so we were breaking up the sets to work in with each other (11/10 reps, 8/7, 9 straight); cost me about a minute, minute and a half tops. The deadlifts were pretty tough, but I felt alot better about my HSPU than in the past. I was going pretty deep (not quite touching the nose to the deck, but trying my ass of to get down that far). The first 6 or so were legs off the wall for the pushup, touch again to regain balance, and then go back to unsupported. Big difference (obviously) but I'm trying to slowly work my way up to full sets completely unsupported.

Do the math real quick: the total weight moved with the Deadlifts alone was 10,125-lbs (!!!!) in just over 12 minutes. Not to mention the 45 HSPU at bodyweight. I moved nearly 20,000-lbs in this workout. Now THAT is power output! Gotta love CrossFit!

Total Time: 12:43

No comments: