Friday, January 25, 2008

CrossFit - 25Jan (pm)

Pre: Overhead Squats

15 x 135-lbs

This was REALLY tough. I think I'm at the point now where I need to start adding only 5-lbs each day to keep the linear progression going. Still on track!

"Nasty Girls"

3 Rounds
- 50 Squats
- 7 Muscle-ups
- 10 Hang Power Cleans, 135-lbs

Alright, last time I did this WOD, it took 19+ minutes and I wasn't able to complete the last 2 MUs...I just had nothing left. I had to go over and finish them on the V-bar (much easier). This time, a 6 minute improvement and MUCH better muscle-ups. I didn't feel like they held me back today. I could've done them faster (I didn't do any consecutive because I didn't want to bomb), but I didn't have to rest at all really between reps. Now, I'm at the point where I can try to really turn up the intensity and really nail this. My goal for the next Nasty Girls is sub-10.

Time: 12:33

Post: Muscle-up practice about 4 hours later. Matt, Nate, and I decided to go for max consecutive MUs.

1st attempt: 5 (full open shoulder at the bottom)
2nd attempt: 5 (again with full ROM)
3 attempt: 8 (not hitting full extension at the bottom)

This was alot of fun, it's been awhile since I've played with MUs. I also did 2 consecutive strict (not kipping) MUs at the end. Craziness!

Nate also set a new MU record by hitting 4 consecutive MUs. Awesome!

No comments: