Saturday, January 12, 2008

CrossFit Level 1 Cert Day 2 - 6Jan

Another great day! After reviewing all of our fundamental movements from yesterday, the trainers hit us hard before lunch with this WOD:

Max rounds in 20 minutes
- 95 lb thrusters, 10 reps
- 10 pull-ups
- 200 M run

Everybody's name was put up on the white board, they broke us into three heats, then it was 3...2...1... GO!

Nate and I went in separate heats and both completed 8 rounds. Of the 55ish people there at the Cert, we were among only 6 guys who finished 8 rounds or better. Ian Carver of Sacramento owned the day though with a sickening 10 rounds!

After lunch and a few more lectures, the final ___ for the certification was a series of round robin stations, each focusing on a different skillset. The Burgener warm-up showed me how deficient my hamstring flexibility really is; it was almost impossible to get into a solid "below the knees" position. The L-sits were a definite eye opener into real ab strength. Adrian from CrossFit San Fransisco gave a great progression to teach the kipping pull-up and Robbie Miller gave some solid teaching points into the finer aspects of the muscle-up.

I just can't say enough of the entire experience! Was it worth the money? Absolutely...every penny. Did I learn anything? Hell yes, I only wish I could've gone sooner...I need to get back to the basics! Will I do a Level 2 cert? Count on it!

No comments: