Thursday, January 31, 2008

CrossFit - 31Jan (pm)

200th post, a bit of a milestone. I think that's one of CrossFit's significant advantages over other programs/routines: the constant variety allows for alot of intensity 5 or 6 days per week without leading to any overuse injuries. When I was a "runner," I don't think I ever made it more than 6 months without some kind of injury - whether it was ITBS, sore hip/back/ whatever. I'm nearing my one year mark, and I haven't had any training-related injuries that have force me to curtail my training. Chalk up one more for CrossFit and Coach Glassman.

Pre:

Overhead Squats
150 x 15

Shaky as hell, but a little grunting goes a long way!

Today's WOD:
- 15 Deadlifts, 225-lbs
- 15 Handstand Push-ups
- 15 Pull-ups
- 15 Thrusters, 95-lbs

Talk about a kick in the nuts. I was reduced to 3s, 2s, and 1s on the HSPUs after the 1st round. Nose-to-deck on every rep, but man, was it rough. Pull-ups were the only thing that felt really good. The DLs weren't too bad, but I used a standard overhand grip so grip-strength started to become an issue on the last set.

Time: 25:xx (will update tomorrow when I can find my watch)

No comments: