Monday, November 5, 2007

CrossFit - 4Nov (pm)

Barbarian Fitness in action!!!



"Nasty Girls"


3 Rounds for time
- 50 Air Squats
- 7 Muscle Ups
- 10 Hang Cleans (135-lbs)

Felt much better today, the 2 days of rest really helped. Hip is still a litle sore, but only when I move awkwardly. On the Muscle Ups, I didn't go down to full open-shoulder extension, nor full 'rings turned outward' lockout, but those will come with time (besides they don't do either in the Nasty Guys video...haha). I completed 19 muscle ups on the rings and then hit the wall. I failed 4 times with a decent amount of rest each time and physically could not do any more. So I ended up going over to the V-bar on the crossover machine and did the last 2 consecutively.

The cleans felt really good, I did all 3 sets straight through and was able to do the momentum swing at the bottom, which really helped.

All in all, I'm really stoked about this workout. It's a little disappointing that I couldn't get those last 2 ring muscle ups. But I went into this workout thinking I would be happy if I managed to get through the first set of 7 muscle ups on the rings, much less damn near the entire workout.

Total Time: 19:24

No comments: